Thursday, July 19, 2007

hey...

So I'm looking for a writer's group (forgetting all about RWA) I hit Craigslist and found two. Both are at least 30 miles away. Now I didn't expect one to be in my backyard but 30 miles here can take up to 90 minutes! Depending on the traffic.

One of my local libraries has a writing group that has reserved the meeting room before but not since June. They're going to pass along my name and number. Cross your fingers.

There are three local publications that MIGHT have an ad or something but really, looks like it will have to be RWA....

Romance Writers of America. You must join a chapter to do you any good. You must join National before you can join a chapter. When I first checked into it, I was only looking locally but when I was surfing yesterday I clicked "special interest" chapters and found one for me. Passionate Ink. An online chapter for the erotic writer! ~happy dance~ I'll join RWA for next year (membership year goes Jan-Dec, non-prorated) then join Passionate Ink (who's membership year is different but can be prorated) grrr.

Anyways, I'm still looking for a local group and may attend the more local RWA chapter as a non-member but RWA and Passionate Ink look to be the best for me.

Got to run.....

No comments: