Sunday, August 19, 2007

I have two words for you

BACK UP!


Actually, I mean your computer files. I didn't lose too many files. I was worried about my ms and some of my recent ebook purchases but they're okay. What's NOT okay, is all my bookmarks.

The articles I found while surfing around that I wanted to read again. The picture sites of eye candy. Author & publisher sites. Oh, man, the author sites! I may have had 50 links just in my author folder.

So while you're thinking of it, make a list of ALL your bookmarks and then BACK UP EVERYTHING. While you're at it, make a list of user names and passwords. The "autofill" and "remember this password" are gone. Don't forget all those email addresses, I not only lost a couple years worth of emails & jokes, I lost all the addresses.

I'll be gone for a while, trying to recreate folders and bookmarks and looking for program disks to reload. Office is gone! I use the spreadsheet more than you'd think but can't open any of the files.

I'm leaving now, to cry....

2 comments:

AJ O'Donovan said...

Hey, i just read your comment over at the 70days blog. i hope your MS is ok and you didnt lose to much.
AJ O'Donovan

Gina Marina said...

Thanks AJ, I'm crossing my fingers.