Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The m/m meme

This isn't finished, I'm too tired, but if I draft it, I'll forget to update. See you later!


Found on Moonlight to Twilight blog who has invited anyone to swipe it, post it and then go back and link it. Since my MIL and nieces have my book blog address, it's over here where I'm a little more naughty ;-)



The M/M Meme

Rules:
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all.

Questions:
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? 2006?.

2. What was the first book you read in this genre? Do you really expect me to remember that long ago?

3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader? not to everyone

4. Ebooks, print or both? ebooks mostly, I've been disappointed with the print books I've picked up

5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? yes

6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I go in cycles but maybe average 3 a week.

7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? yes. title & recurring characters too

8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? If it's a new author

9. Who’s your fave publisher? Torquere Press. No, Total-e-Bound. Wait, Samhain, Amber Quill.....

10. What about authors? Your top two only!! Just two? Sean Michaels, T.A. Chase

11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? love twincest and some D/s

12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks. yes but like the character development in the longer stories.

13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? Not happy with some of the cruder language (an ass is NOT a boy pussy, thank you!)

14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when… true love? when a man says he's sorry

15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?

16. If you could choose any 3 characters for an m/m/m who would they be?
Well, Taylor as Jacob comes to mind now that's he's so buff





17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? David and Conner by Bobby Michaels

18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?

19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?

20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? Haven't read these.





Hmm... now I have to tag two people... I know several people have already done this meme, so I am going to leave it for anyone who has not yet done the meme to please swipe it from my blog and leave a comment letting us know you will be posting this meme on your blog soon.

No comments: