Monday, November 16, 2009

GLBT Reading Challenge ~2010~

The Challenge that Dare Not Speak its Name... has it's own blog!

Here's a quick run-down but check out the blog and sign-up. I'm going for the Rainbow level.
Rules/Guidelines:

The basic idea of this challenge is to read books about GLBT topics and/or by GLBT authors.

The challenge runs year-round, and there will be three levels of participation:

Lambda Level: Read 4 books.
Pink Triangle Level: Read 8 books.
Rainbow Level: Read 12 or more books.

You don't need to choose your books right away, and they can change at any time. Overlaps with other challenges are fine.

Now I realize that the purpose is to read mainstream books with glbt characters or by a glbt author but I'm heavy into m/m erotica. So, while I will be branching out for some mainstream, most of my reading will be erotica.


Out of the Pocket by Bill Konigsberg (mainstream (YA?), hardcover. I own this one, I'll just have to wait for 2010 to read it)

I'm hoping that re-read work because I'd love to read Mercedes Lackey's Magic trilogy again: Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, Magic's Price.






2 comments:

Amanda said...

Erotica is perfectly fine for the challenge. Have fun, and thanks for joining!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I really want to read Out of the Pocket. :)

-Lauren