Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Year Resolutions

I was surfing around today, visiting some favorite spots, when I stopped by Silver Expressions, a blog of Liquid Silver Books authors. Red Garnier's post today was her list of New Year's Resolutions. Great idea so I stole it ;)


1. Diet & Exercise. Isn't this on everyone's list? I've got a beach vacation coming up this summer. Plus the health benefits and just-getting-through-a-busy-day, without-getting-exhausted benefits. :)

2. Homework. Yeah, I've gone back to school, just a couple classes at a time, but still. I've got stuff to relearn and new stuff too. I don't need straight A's but I do need to pass each class.

3. Housework. Ug. Sigh. And "do I have to?", another sigh. Yep. I have too much stuff (a lot of it books) so not only do I need to keep up on the housework stuff, I need to throw some of it out :o or give it away.

4. Reading/Writing. More of one, less of another. I kept track for a couple of months, I read 37 books in one month. Sure, they're not epic length but still.... I need to cut down on book purchases & reading so there it more time to write. Plus, I need to read some of the books I've already purchased but haven't read. I will read 12 unread-but-purchased books this year.

5. Writing. This really does need two resolutions. I WILL finish, polish & submit something in 2008.

6. Family time. Less reading, more face time. We're getting another board game for Christmas :)

7. Website/blog and MySpace. I'd like to update my website (two). Update my blog more often (three!). Figure out what I'm doing at MySpace

8. Friends. Virtual and f2f, we all need to spend time with friends.

9. Blogs, MySpace, Live Journal, Shelfari & Yahoo!Groups. I have lots of places to visit and really need to, not only manage my time I spend there, but also make sure I visit everyone.


What would you like to do in 2008?

1 comment:

Red Garnier said...

Found myself nodding at them all! I really need to add the blogs and my space to my list. ;) Wish you a fabulous 2008 Gina!