Saturday, September 22, 2007

70 Days of Sweat

Wow, 70 days already. Did I complete my goals? No. Am I satisfied? Mostly. I had a wonderful family vacation, had the computer crash, started school & got sick. Yep, a very busy 70 days!

The first ms I started was Sara's Jewels and I've stalled at 16K. I put it on the back burner when I started the next ms because of a deadline for subbing. This was the info given in my first post for Sven.

1) book title: don’t know yet
2) Hero: Tom Freeman / cabinetmaker
3) Heroine: Ginny Rockwood / author
4) setting: small town America (valley)
5) length: 18K


1) Sara’s Jewels
2) Dave Hoffman / webmaster
& Alex (still working on it) / horse trainer
3) Sara Phillips / works at a horse breeder
4) Southern California
5) 75K


A great big thank you to the sponsors of this challenge: Alison Kent, Larissa Ione, Stephanie Tyler, Jo Leigh, and HelenKay Dimon.

~*~*~*~


Second ms progress:
* I have a title, "Let the World Go Away".
* Ginny's name is now Lisa.
* I hit 13+k on this one but my current doc says 7115 so it looks like I'll be retyping. Now I'm REALLY glad I write longhand first. (Actually, I had lots of scene docs and did one last printout after I put it all together. I'll be retying but it will be from a print not handwriting - whew)
* I'll be back into it this next weekend (I've got a psychology test next week)
* I'm five scenes away from being complete, from first kiss (short) to the wedding/honeymoon (long)
* I've had a published author do a read through for me & received some helpful tips.


First ms progress:
* I haven't looked at this one in too long. I have no idea where I'm at!


Third ms progress:
* That's right, I started a third while between classes last week. It's still longhand so I don't know how many words, maybe 1k.
* PLUS, I've got an idea kicking around for a FOURTH - this one will be f/f! I found a couple that "would love to talk to you".


Have a great weekend.

No comments: